Alicia posted about how she only reads blogs of people she knows. I am like that too. I have 73 blogs in my reader right now and less than 7 are people who I have NO connection to AT ALL. But there are those few.. I don't technically know these girls but for some crazy reason I love their blogs. So here is a little shout out to people who I have never met, yet keep me thoroughly entertained.
- This was the first blog I ventured out and read without actually knowing the person. Randi and "met" through an online YW's group. I still remember the first post I read (don't ask me why). It was all about hosting a dinner for prom and NOT having a theme. Oh the horror. Anyway, her blog was funny and me and Hannah were the only ones commenting so I kept coming back. And she runs marathons- I needed some inspiration.
- Rules for a Reason
- Yeah, don't know how I got hooked up with this girl because we pretty much have NOTHING in common, but I love her! She is sarcastic, smart, a borderline road rage driver, and not to mention single, over 30, and living smack dab between SLC and Provo. She blogs about stuff I wish I knew about like ANWR, the similarities between Mitt Romney and Obama (it's a joke people), and other "important things". I feel a little smarter and more political just reading her posts, BUT my favorite are her dating woes, *sorry*. Seriously, after working the temple shift and eating in the cafeteria with the 70+ club she always has a funny story to share. She's private, so no point in linking but I still had to share.
- This girl would have been my best friend if I she was born ten years earlier. Ok, let's be real. I'm turning 28 and I still would be BFF with Lauren today if she didn't live in AZ. She has a fun family and while I do like hearing about her smoochie face (you should name your first-born that) adventures with her fiance Ted, she also works at a tennis club. Which apparently every weirdo in the metro area belongs to because random things happen there everytime she goes to work. Oh yeah, her Dad puts hilarious comments on her blog, her mom puts her bras in garage sales, and she hits parked cars: that's entertainment!
- This lady is straight up cRaZy! Who else would hock their YW medallion to finance a bagel purchase in Hawaii AND then blog about it, or stalk the city looking for a UPS package? Yeah, that's her. She is hilarious. She even took cupcakes to her son's class the other day and created a funny post- if that isn't talent, I don't know what is. And while her local newspaper doesn't think she is print worthy, I do! Oh yeah, and she linked me the other day so I sorta thought I might want to return the favor.
- Not sure where Melissa came into the picture... but if we had both started blogging a little earlier she might not be on my "unknown" list. She lived in the next town over not so long ago, and I know we would have run into each other at Costco or the mall or something. Her blog is real, sometimes funny, sometimes sad and I just like going because it's always a surprise. I never know what I'm gonna get.
So there you go. Some funny people I don't really know but feel like we have known each other for forever. Someday maybe we'll actually meet in real life and make our friendship "official".