Tuesday, June 26, 2007
Monday, June 25, 2007
Can you see it?
Apparently Brynnlee can't because when Jeremy turned around from answering the home phone the other night he caught her with his blackberry in one hand and a graham cracker in the other.
She was taking turns dunking them both into her nice cool glass of milk.
The Blackberry has not recovered.
Friday, June 22, 2007
Thursday, June 21, 2007
Wednesday, June 20, 2007
Friday, June 15, 2007
We are enrolled in Swimming Lessons.
Kaden is enrolled for the next two weeks before we head out to Utah. He is so excited. He keeps talking about how he is going to jump off the diving board. He was disappointed when I told him he wasn't going to be able to do it everyday. I think he'll manage to overcome his sorrow as soon as his big toe hits the water.
Wednesday, June 13, 2007
1. I rode my bike to Phyllis' and then I swam a lot of laps yesterday morning. Well, a lot for me. Then later last night Jeremy and I took our bikes back in the Chamna Reserve in Richland and then I RAN from Columbia Point over the bridge back into Pasco just to practice the transition. I was laying awake because I couldn't believe after 7 miles of biking I could run up that huge hill- I was amazed at the things I can do now that were not even an option 5 months ago.
2. I'm toying with the idea of doing a "blog party" - you know a spin off a "block party". Would anyone come to my party?? I know, its 7th grade all over again.
3. I'm wondering if I'll have plans for the Father's and Son's when Kaden and Jeremy are gone, or will I sit home wondering why no one called and why I didn't think to call anyone sooner.
4. I'm thinking about how I can get a bathing suit with a lot of upper support in the next week or two without paying a ton of money and NO TANKINI's because I have to wear this to Girls Camp. Is this possible? I'm thinking no, but if you have a thought I'll gladly hear it.
5. I'm still totally freaked about needing to be towed in from the River on Tri day.
6. I'm wondering if I'm going to be able to find a ride late Thursday night after Testimony meeting at Girls Camp, or if I should just plan on coming home Friday morning.
7. Was I supposed to meet my Visiting Teaching sisters at the park today??
Really, are you surprised that I can't fall asleep?
Tuesday, June 12, 2007
So- I returned the others and paid a little bit more for the new, but overall I'm completely satisfied.
Jessica & Andrea gave me a gift certificate to Mac's for my b-day and I loaded up on the flowers to finally get these baskets up and out of the garage.
It may not look like much now, but in a few weeks these babies will be cascading like no body's business, or so I'm told.
I might also mention that I have been looking for a great watering can for years. I would always find one but I wasn't ever willing to shell out $40 for those that caught my fancy.
Then I randomly found the perfect one at Applegate Nursery a few weeks back. I quickly snatched it up and smugly showed Jeremy my purchase for under $5!! (I'm not even kidding).
His first and only words were "How are you going put water in it?"
"WHAT are you talking about?" I said.
He promptly showed me the bottom where there were four rather large holes in the metal.
Why didn't I notice? Because I was too fixated on the beauty and the dirt cheap price tag.
I was devastated, but since my father-in-law can "fix" anything it wasn't a total loss. He fixed the holes, I was redeemed for my mishap, and I LOVE watering the baskets with my charming watering can.
I feel truly Martha.
Monday, June 11, 2007
Seriously, I only have 2 weeks and change till the Tri- I'm desperate to get this swimming thing down to a non-laughable level.
Friday, June 8, 2007
Thursday, June 7, 2007
Wednesday, June 6, 2007
Tuesday, June 5, 2007
Into the raft and onto the river.
"Take one of me."
Amazing scenery... this was really tall, but I guess you can't tell.
I was the first to jump off the bridge, Jeremy was adamant that I go first so as not to chicken out after he had already jumped... endearing isn't it? Yes, that tiny speck screaming on the way down is me.
The falls we weren't allowed to raft over, since the water was running too high. Maybe next time.
We made it!
Then we made a quick trip to Stonehenge. Did you realize its in Washington? Well a replica at least. A man built a WWI Memorial, the first in the country, that looks like Stonehenge. It's actually very impressive. While I wouldn't make a special trip just to see the memorial, only because it is in the middle of NOWHERE, I would reccommend stopping if you are driving the Washington side to Portland, etc.
The trip up there was filled with chatter about how we hoped our little weekend trip wouldn't end up like Bill and Alicia's- and we weren't disappointed. We had a great time!!