Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Just another day in paradise...

{Disclaimer: Before you begin reading, please realize this post is all in good fun and I harbor no ill feelings toward anyone.... cross my heart and hope to die}

Today as I was taking Kaden to preschool I turn down a street that I know is generally busy at this time. I expect lots of traffic and shuttling, no big deal. I'm a relatively calm and laid back person, it really doesn't bother me. I realize that everyone is just trying to get somewhere.

So today there are a line of cars parked down my side of the street and someone stopped in the middle of the street chatting. Which is kind of annoying but whatever, I CAN go around. No big deal. Except for today there is an unusual amount of traffic coming from the opposite direction. This road was in no way meant to be a 4-laner and with it being 3 cars deep already there is no possible way for me to get around this car. So I wait, and wait and then two other cars show up behind me and I decide to tap my horn. Ya know, in case this lady just doesn't realize she is holding up traffic. And still she does not move. Ok...

Finally, there is a break in traffic and I go around. You may think this is why I'm blogging. Nope, this didn't even phase me. I'm often guilty of chatting in the road and being totally oblivious to traffic around me. No way am I going to fault someone else for this.

What kills me is that as I drove back by these ladies were chatting {the car was now parked legally on the side of the road} and when I drove past one of them stared me down giving me the dirtiest look EVER. I didn't know whether I should laugh or cry. It was a super-duper-nasty-crusty-I-hate-you-why-would-you-ever-beep-your-horn-at-me death stare. I know, right?

And the best part is that she is in my stake. I'm sure she has no idea who I am but I know have seen her on many occasions. Can't we all get along??

14 comments:

Megan said...

Understood:)

goddessdivine said...

Oh, you're totally harboring ill feelings....I just know it! ;-)

This just shows us you're human. Freak, I would have mowed her down (ok, not really). Some people just suck. As if she should throw a crusty at you.

Good for you for honking!

rip said...

I'm not sure what to comment on. I am sure I have been on both sides of this coin. A lesson I am going to learn from you, is, if I am going to give someone a death stare, make sure I am absolutely sure I don't know, or will never know them.

Sarah said...

I'm sure she would feel horrible finding out what a nice, sweet gal you are. I can't stand rude drivers, but more than that it's just a lack of consideration for anyone but yourself. Where have manners gone in our society? I say tap that horn all you want.

PRP said...

Someone's got some repentin' to do....at least it's not you!

Shayla said...

Oh wow, why would she give you the death glare?! That just makes me sad. I will remember this next time I feel like giving someone a nasty look...

Heather said...

See, this is why I wasn't sure if I should laugh or cry- because I'm sure she is a great person. We just had our first intro on bad terms, I'm sure.

Sara said...

Hey, I loved your road rage post. J/K! This lady is seriously the one who should have received the "super-duper-nasty-crusty-I-hate-you-why-would-you-ever-beep-your-horn-at-me death stare".

Jan said...

OOpss.. Wait until she sees you and realizes. Never do I like things like this to happen. They are the worse. Are you going to face her and say hello, or just try to hide when you see her? Just curious. I know what I would do. Hide..

Alicia Leppert said...

Heather, I am so embarassed. I didn't know it was you, I swear, I was just so annoyed at the wench honking at me.

Ha ha just kidding. Stuff like that is so awkward. I would have done the same thing as you (obviously, bad drivers being at the top of my pet peeve list) so don't feel bad. She is the one that should feel bad.

Debie Spurgeon said...

You did nothing wrong, your heart is huge and that's all that matters. Your little horn bleep wasn't meant with any kind of valor. (Is that the right word I'm looking for?) I would probably have smiled and waved and stopped right there and said, "Hey, aren't you in ___ Ward?"

Randi said...

Fu-NNEEYY! What exactly did she want you to do?? Stick your head out the window and yell - Helllooooooo?

some people are just weird.

Ms. Kristen said...

Maybe she wasn't wearing her contacts? Sometimes I squint and my mouth is always turned down...so it looks like I am pissed off all the time!

NO!!!!

I would've honked and flipped the birdie!

Kristi said...

I wondered if someone would take credit for the stare. Alicia's comment made me laugh. It's no good to throw dirty looks at people. I'm guilty of throwing bland smiles at everyone I make eye contact with. But hey, better than a nasty look!