Friday, December 4, 2009

Sometimes Being a Flake is Not Really ALL My Fault

Remember way back when I told you all I had this awesome project in the works and it would be finished soon? Yeah, me neither. That post was how long ago?

But anyhow I did have a project I was really excited about. And I did work really hard on it for a really, really long time. And you know what? It got all jacked up because there are lame brain marketing people that put the words "stain-able" on wood putty labels and totally deceive amateurs like me. Yes, it's true. The putty is stain-able. However, they happened to leave out the minute detail that even though it is stain-able there is no way in Hades it's gonna match the rest of the wood.

So I actually "finished" the project back while Jeremy was in Florida, over a month ago. But now the finished project is sitting in the garage waiting for me to get motivation to re-strip it, re-sand it, and wait for it to get above 50 degrees so I can start staining all over again. Yeah, maybe I'll wait just a little bit longer...

In other news there's a new blog post over here!

6 comments:

goddessdivine said...

Stupid marketing people. I say it's all their fault.

PRP said...

I hate it when that happens! I'm sure it will look fantastic the second time around...

And the girls' dresses on the other blog? I'm in heaven. Where did you find them?

Nancy Face said...

Grrr...stinkin' wood putty! >:(

I've gotten away from staining, and now I like to paint furniture when I re-do it. It's tons easier, but I STILL make boo-boo's sometimes! :D

Unknown said...

Hey, Thanks so much for the encouragement.

By the way, one of my favorite books is Confronting the Myth of Self-Esteem. One of my professors at college suggested it to all of us.

Wish you lived next door!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.