Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year Realizations

I'm typing here on my kitchen counter as I wait for the last of the fortune cookies to come out of the oven. Yes, fortune cookies. Our New Year's dinner the last few years has been Chinese New Year themed. This year I thought I'd be clever and make fortune cookies. Can't be that hard, right?

Let me set the record straight:
Don't mess with the fortune cookies business!! The Chinese have that market cornered- they do it better, faster, and cheaper. I'm just warning you.

10 comments:

PRP said...

You're making fortune cookies? Seriously, where do your talents stop? I was just thinking of what to make for dinner and homemade fortune cookies never entered my plan.

Good for you. You can do it!

tharker said...

I'm sure they'll be yummy!

goddessdivine said...

I love fortune cookies. What kind of crap, I mean lovely fortunes that always come true, are you putting inside?

hatch said...

You are one ambitious lady that is all I have to say!

::lindsay said...

Ooh, will we get homemade fortune cookies for our chinese new year dinner?

Wendy said...

So seriously do you have any suggestions on how to make a cake look like "MATER" from cars. I know your talented -- come on give me some ideas. PAHLEASE !!!

Amy said...

Wow! Impressive! Although I would just buy them from the bulk foods section in Winco. Then you can just get exactly how many you need instead of a huge bag of 500.

Vern said...

You call that advice? C'mon, gimme something I can use!

Jackie B. said...

LOL. yeah i don't think i would attempt to make them. I'm a buyer not a maker. LOL.

Jodi said...

You're so funny! Did you come up with your own fortunes too? How did they turn out?