Thursday, October 5, 2006

Nostalgia

Last night as I was pressing cider with the YW I was just thinking about all the memories I have of Fall. I don't know why I love it so much but I just do. Its a totally magical time for me. I love canning grape juice (which I'll be doing this weekend if anyone wants to join), the "sweater weather", making apple cider, pumpkin patches, Halloween - home made doughnuts! Its all great.

I mentioned to my friend who lives in Virginia that I have always wanted to go to the East Coast one fall. I have this romantic notion of New England in the fall.... you know the quiant little pictures and articles you read in Better Homes and Gardens about the harvest, maple syrup making, hayrides, the leaves changing. I want to experience that. I guess it is just my "country style" as Rebecca would call it coming out. She lovingly tells me I have Grandma taste (I hope I'm not really an 80 year old in a semi-functional 26-year old body). Be that as it may, this year the cross country trip is definitely out-but there is always next year! So I'll enjoy my Pasco fall. After all, this IS where my best memories of fall have been made.

7 comments:

meohmyers said...

Wow! That was so descriptive! I could almost picture you typing on the computer in a fuzzy wool sweater, sipping on your apple cider while the fire crackled in the fireplace behind you. Fall is my favorite season, too.

tharker said...

Your homemade doughnuts are so good, anyone up for pumpkin carving and doughnuts again?

PRP said...

I'm with you on the love for fall...there's just something about this time of year that always makes me want to cuddle up with a book, bake and light candles. I love it! Let me know when the doughnuts are done and I'll be right over :)

Anonymous said...

For the record...

I HAVE NEVER TOLD YOU THAT YOU HAVE "GRANDMA TASTE"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lindsay said...

I love fall as well. I'm not much of a nature girl, but fall is a time when I really appreciate the outdoors. I love the fall foliage. If you ever need to get some homemade doughnuts off your hands, let me know!

Heather said...

Ok, Bek, I distinctly remember sitting on the Columbia Riv talking about our dream houses and you said "Like a grandma?". Maybe you didn't say it exactly- but I sensed the undertone. Anyway I thought it was funny!

Anonymous said...

I do remember an "Anne of Green Gables" comment. However, I would never intentionally dis on someones style. Ironically this is exactly what I relish most about you Heather......homemade apple cider and pumpkin patches, com'mon what's not to love about that-> You keep me grounded in more ways than you'll ever know. I luv ya to pieces h-beck!