Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Farm Boy Dreams

This morning Kaden posed an unusual question during breakfast.

"Mom next time we go to the Dairy can I buy a cow?"

Hmm...

So I said,

"Sure. When we move away from this house, and get a bigger yard we'll totally get a cow."

"Will we leave our playset?"

"Yes. Because when we get a cow you'll be a big boy and won't need to play on the playset anymore."

I didn't think he'd go for that, but to my surprise the conversation continued.


"Ok. I want to get a strawberry milk cow, cuz that's daddy's favorite milk. I know all about what cows give you what milk. Strawberry cows are the best."

I can't wait till we actually have to find a strawberry cow.

14 comments:

tharker said...

Get that boy on the farm! This is so cute.

goddessdivine said...

Good luck finding one of those....I hear they're hard to come by ;-)

I have a good life said...

Strawberry cow? No way. There is nothing as good as a chocolate cow that gives chocolate milk. That is what you need instead of a playset! :)

Sarah said...

Why are kids so brilliant about things like this. Of course it would come from a strawberry cow, hello! If only the world was that simple.

Eliza said...

I wish my world had answers given like that...if only!!! I would be set~ Good luck finding the strawberry cow...remember that kids remember things that are important to them~

PRP said...

I love Kaden! Let me know where you find that cow...I'd be interested in a seasonal Egg Nog Cow.

JustRandi said...

I can't wait till you actually HAVE a strawberry cow! I will definitely make the 1000+ mile trip to your house to see your strawberry cow, and drink your delightful strawberry milk.
If you freeze it, will you have strawberry ice cream?

Let me know so I can put it on my calendar!!

Kris said...

I would love to have a Strawberry Milk cow at our house too! I love what kids come up with! So cute!

Melissa said...

That's so cute! Now's he's just going to ask over and over if it's time to move yet :)

lindsay>boo said...

How funny! Kaden is hilarious!

The Garden Maiden said...

That conversation is definitely worth sending to Readers Digest.

Brooklet said...

I like how thoughtful he was, choosing a cow his dad would like!

Jessica said...

HAHA!! Kevin told the girls that there were chocolate and strawberry cows, just that they didn't have them at that dairy. Of course he told them that while they were on a tour of the dairy and he should know right since he works at one! I had to go buy strawberry mix and chocolate sauce to SHOW them how it was really made, half the time I still don't think they believe me!

SavingDiva said...

That is so precious!