Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Warning: Hardcore Enrichment Activities from P-town

I have a huge bruise on my arm from "Slam it over Cyndi". Last night, trying to be social, I went and played volleyball with the ladies from the ward.

I thought it would be a really friendly, casual game. Oh no! These girls were spouting off rules and regs like nobody's business! At one point I was chided by my own team for fraternizing with the opposing team about our cute shoes... SERIOUSLY!

I must admit even though it was more intense than I bargained for it still was a lot of fun. I'll go again. But now that I have been fairly warned I'll pass along my tip in case you want to join the madness: Take your game face with you to the chapel, and don't bother discussing someones cute shoes- save it for the Sunday chit-chat.

14 comments:

tharker said...

All I can see in my head is the cover of "Church Ball" but with you wild girls on the cover instead! That's so funny!

Eliza said...

This is true for a lot of ward church ball. I wish we had something like that around here! i LOVE volleyball and would like some people to play with~! green with envy!

JustRandi said...

You Animal!!! Volleyball bruises the heck out of my arms. I wish they'd play with a beach ball or something...
Yeah, I'm a wimp.

Sarah said...

Me, Nancie and my little sis who's a stud v-baller went to the church a couple of weeks ago to play a bit and seriously thought we were being punked because of how terrible the net was. What net did you guys use?

goddessdivine said...

Ah, church sports....it's serious business. Men's basketball is even worse.

I love playing volleyball; I wish our stake would do something like that.

lindsay>boo said...

So I'm totally never going to that enrichment activity. I am NOT a sporty girl by any means. Really, the only thing I could do is be the cheerleader. Oh, and perhaps talk about someone's cute shoes!

Nicole said...

Thanks for the warning. I will stay far away! That doesn't sound like fun at all. I was even half tempted to go. I loved V-ball back in the day. I was even a referee in high school.....

Kris said...

How fun! I wish our ward would do something fun like that! I would love to play volleyball! Sounds great! Cute post!

Melissa said...

I had a friend in Hermiston that used to travel to Utah every year to compete in volley ball tournaments. Me? I can recognize a volleyball. That's about as good as it gets!

Jackie B. said...

I WANT TO PLAY! I WANT TO PLAY! PICK ME PICK ME!!! I need to find a volleyball group!!! Maybe i'll find one when we move to Twin.

hatch said...

Wow that sound like so much fun...not really. I am one of the few who really does not like that sport. Now if it was basketball I might consider it but not if I would be in trouble for telling someone they have cute shoes! I am glad that you survived.

Marilyn said...

No volleyball for me, now softball, that is a game I would play.

shoeaddict said...

Ummm, NEVER apologize for talking shoes.

Alicia said...

I was just starting to think maybe I could do it until I read your post. Now i'll gladly sit home and watch Friends re-runs instead.