Tuesday, August 7, 2007

I'm Done, Officially!

I mean it. I'm finished driving to Utah for the year. Don't worry I'll probably be eating my words in just a few months when we find another reason to go back.

My drive alone was a success. I wasn't willing to pay $74.99 to download Harry Potter, so I settled on "The Second Summer of the Sisterhood". It is the follow-up to the Traveling Pants book. It was good enough to keep me awake until I rolled into Lehi at 5:54 am, and I finally finished it as we crossed the bridge back into Washington.

Funny thing- I pulled into the rest stop yesterday between Ogden and Tremonton and changed Brynners' diaper around 7 am. I noticed the family next to us was doing the same thing. Then I realized it was Kim and Eden. How funny that we stop at the same rest stop at the same time and park RIGHT next to eachother. We met up in Mountain Home and had lunch at McDonalds.

The ride home was uneventful. The highlight for Kaden was watching TV all day- and Brynnlee's dream come true was no discipline for a day. I mean really, what are you going to do when she's tossing Cheetos at you and dumping Crystal Light in her carseat? Pull over every two minutes? No thanks. Needless to say she had a great time and I made it home.

13 comments:

Jackie B. said...

$75 for a download of Harry Potter?!? That is INSANE! WOW!

Glad to hear you made it home safe & sound. I can't wait to hear how the weekend went. I was thinking about you guys and wishing i was there too! :( I can't wait to see pics!!

Heather said...

I'm pretty sure no one took pics... we just never got around to it.

Marilyn said...

Welcome home Heather!

JustRandi said...

Glad you're safe and home. Next time we should definitely meet up!

lindsay>boo said...

Glad to see your home safe and sound Heather! How funny that you ran into Kim and Eden. It is truly such a small world.

tharker said...

I can't believe you ran into Kim and Eden, that's so crazy!!! Glad you're home!

Kristen said...

Ethan woke up yesterday morning and asked when Kaden was coming back. I guess they had a good weekend together.

goddessdivine said...

I don't know how you drive all night. Couldn't do it. Glad you had a good time and found something to keep you awake.

Kris said...

Welcome back Heather. Good for you for going to UT with the kids. That's great that you saw Kim and Eden. How fun to have someone to carpool with and eat lunch along the way! That's great.

I agree about not disciplining your children while driving. My kids get away with so much when it's just me with them! It's a good time though! Glad you are back!!

mcewen said...

Well done on completing the epic journey.
Cheers

PRP said...

You are such a stud. I don't know how you do it.

Welcome home!!

Eliza said...

Glad you had a successful trip. We want deatils as to what you did...no pics huh? BUMMER!!! Well hopefully we can meet up soon...sorry to not be able to make it!

Melissa said...

Glad you made it home! Traveling alone with the kids is never my favorite thing to do, but it sounds like your trip was a success!