Thursday, August 9, 2007

Girls Weekend

When you come back from a trip everyone asks THE question.

"What did you do?"

I got a lot of those after this weekend.

A few of my old roommates and I rented a cabin and took a weekend retreat all by ourselves. Five of us were supposed to come, and three made it. Jackie and Eliza you were missed.

So, what did we do? Nothing, really, and that's the reason it was so great. We had no agenda, no expectations, no plans... it was a fabulous vacation.

We met up Thursday afternoon and unloaded our stuff at the cabin in Wolf Creek, Ut. Then we headed into Ogden and ate at Olive Garden. We hit the Old Navy and Ross across the parking lot and then went home. We stayed up late talking and slept in late too.

Friday morning we sat in the hot tub, went to the gym, and played a few rousing rounds of racquet ball. We took showers and had lunch at 2:30. Then we watched mindless shows like "Top 20 fashion don'ts" and "The Simple Life". We wandered the mall for at least 5 hours browsing endlessly in stores where we didn't have strollers to maneuver around and children to convince that it would only be 5 more minutes. We rented a movie and made dinner at 11:00 pm - in true college fashion.

The next day we got up early had breakfast, and went to do a session at the Salt Lake Temple, and then we parted ways.

So all in all there isn't much to tell. It was fun just being able to relax, reconnect, and reminisce about old friends, FHE brothers/sisters, crushes and see how our lives (and everyone elses') seemed to turn out different than we thought.

We just took a break from reality, from the hectic pace of everyday life- and that was all the fun I needed.

13 comments:

PRP said...

Every mom (or woman for that matter, regardless of age) should get to do this AT LEAST once a year. It totally charges your batteries, makes you feel like yourself again, and is worth all the rearranging to make it happen.

I get to do this regularly and always, always, love every second. I'm so glad you got to do it too.

Marilyn said...

That is the kind of trip I am desiring. No kids, no schedule, just fun and relaxing.

Kris said...

That sounds so fun. Your music and reading your plans is making me sleepy. Not that I'm bored, but that it's so peaceful. I need one of those weekends. I'm glad you had a fun time with your roommates!

tharker said...

How perfect! I love the idea of doing nothing and then making dinner at 11pm. It sounds absolutely delightful! And I agree with Karen, everyone needs to be able to do this. It really helps rejuvenate the mind, body, ect...

Jackie B. said...

Ahh, that would have been fantastic! i wish i could have made it.

goddessdivine said...

Sounds like a good weekend to me.

lindsay>boo said...

What a blast! I think it is great that you guys still keep in touch and make an effort to get together. It is so much fun to have girls' weekends and do nothing. How relaxing.

dandee said...

Ohh, I'm very jealous! Happy for you, of course! Glad you had a wonderful time with your special friends!

Vern said...

LOVE those girls' weekend trips - they're the best!

Shayla said...

Oh man, I sooooo need one of these weekends. What fun for you!! Totally worth another drive to Utah.

Kristy said...

Sounds like a fun time. I hope to make it when you have another "reunion".

Brooklet said...

That sounds like so much fun!!! Nothin like reminiscing with old roommates!

Eliza said...

Sounds like it was a good old time!! I m glad I was missed and would love to be at the next one! Thanks for sharing at leat the "little" you did!