Tuesday, November 7, 2006

Dun Da Da Dun!

OK. I am the biggest slacker when it comes to scrapbooking journaling. Well, I'm a big slacker in the normal journaling too, but we'll not talk about that this post.

The problem is that I don't have that many alpha stamps and really don't like my handwriting so I just slap pictures on there and call it good. I figured it wasn't perfect, but no one would scorn me for it. BUT I have been feeling guilty about it and of course after reading some of Nicole's pages for Zoe my guilt level was raised even more.

Anyway, thanks to someone's blog (I can't remember who's - maybe Kim's?) I linked to a whole page of wonderful FREE fonts to download, and journaled a few pages in the most adorable fonts! Yeah, no more complaining about having to buy 50 different stamp fonts! I can do it all from the comfort of the couch without getting out a single stamp or ink pad. My scrapbooks may now have a little more heart in them! We'll see how long it continues..... anyone want to come over Saturday??

7 comments:

Jackie B. said...

I too hate my writing. But i figured it adds a bit of personal touch. I have been horrible at scrapbooking. I've never had a place where i can just set it up & leave it. I hate unpacking it & packing everytime i want to scrapbook. I guess i will have to look at doing to digitally. Heather where should i look into stuff like that?

Anonymous said...

O.K. So what is the link? Do tell...I have a ton of journaling in our scrapbooks as well.

Heather said...

http://www.scrapvillage.com/fonts.htm

Heather said...

Hmmm. Digitally I'm not sure. I'm not really a very saavy scrapper, I'm a follower not a trend setter. Kim, Lindsay, Nicole and any other reputable scrappers have any ideas for Jackie?

Nicole said...

www.digitalscrapgal.com is good for digital scrapbooking. For fonts, I really like www.dafont.com and for the record, I can't believe that I made your guilt worse! I am trying to get Tyler's baby album done, and he's SEVEN!

meohmyers said...

My good friend Susie is a digital scrapbooker. If you go to her blog, she has several links where you can find free fonts, digital scrapbook websites and would definitely know what to tell you to get started. Her blog is www.susanacabana.blogspot.com She is emailing me a handout on how to get started. I can forward it to anyone who's interested.

Lindsay said...

Scrapgal and Two peas in a bucket have digital scrapbooking sections in their online scrapbook stores. You can buy digital kits along with other things.