Thursday, December 7, 2006

Snap. Crackle. Pop.

Ok. Is it just me or does this happen to anyone else? Twice this week I have been going about my day when I heard the dreaded pop. No, not limbs being dislocated or bones broken, but the horrible sound of my underwire breaking.

Am I really that hard on them??? I mean I know they have a HUGE job to do but is this a common occurance or am I just unusually unlucky in the intimates department?

I think bra shopping is eclipsed in hatred by me only by bathing suit shopping. I loath the process and bathing suit shopping only wins out because I don't have to see anyone only wearing my bra. I think it has something to do with the fact that I need to start mail ordering bra's rather than convince myself I can still shop at Victoria's Secret- but she's still keeping my secret so I guess I'm safe for a while.

Well, the upside is with Jeremy at the mall now, he gets coupons from other managers. Last night he brought me home a $10 off coupon for a bra at Victoria Secret. And I did chose the Victoria Secret bag last night at the YW sock exchange. It must be destiny, Victoria has missed my company.

8 comments:

Stacia said...

Oh Heather! My bras have a huge job to do too! :) You are not the only one that has underwires snap. My problem is they must snap in the wash because I will be wearing them and wondering why they are hurting more than usual! Lately I have been getting ones with out the underwire. Less digging!

Alicia said...

You are so not alone. I too had to force myself to accept the fact that I just wasn't Vicky's type any more. And I don't hear a pop or a snap, I just suddenly think, "What is poking me? Why am I in so much pain?" And sure enough, never fails, my wire has snapped. Hey, do you dry your bras in the dryer? Because that's a one-way ticket to Snap Crackle Pop Land.

Anonymous said...

Snapping bras? Are you serious?! Is this an issue?!

Should I be embarressed to admit that I cannot relate, or greatful to be the size of a 14 year old after all?

HMMM...

Lindsay said...

I have to admit that I've never ever had a snapping bra issue. I completely loathe bra shopping for an entirely different reason. I'm always half afraid I'll get sent to the pre-teen training bra section!

Jackie B. said...

Wow, seems like most of us are in the same boat of hating the bra shopping. I just went a few weeks ago and went UP a size. THE HORROR!!

LEISHMAN'S said...

I loathe bra shopping too.
Sherilyn

tharker said...

I too have endured the snap of the underwire. But ever since Oprah's bra show last year, I actually enjoy bra shopping! Now that I know what size I really am, it's kind of fun. Le Mystere...seriously the best bra ever!!!

Jessica said...

Definally go with Le Mystere, I wathed that Oprah show too, it was a good one! Helped out in the bra department ALOT!