Thursday, December 21, 2006

Watch This!

My son is a little weird, this I know. But the last few weeks he has really outdone himself. While he's in the bathroom he will yell for you to come in. When you do, he says "Watch my funny trick."

The funny trick is reaching around and flushing the toilet while he is still sitting on it.

This started a while back and I thought the excitement would wear off, but it hasn't. Just this morning he comes down from bed to use the bathroom and beckons me in only so he can have and audience to watch his "Funny Trick".

He is so proud of this and he doesn't understand why Jeremy and I don't think this is hilarious and crack up like he does, every single time we see it. I'm serious, he sits in the bathroom and laughs his head off, like he has just given the winning performance on Last Comic Standing.

I don't know, maybe I'm just not cut out to be the mom of a boy. I just don't get the hilarity in the bathroom humor over and over and over and over again.

4 comments:

tharker said...

I'm right there with you. My boys love to say, "Dookie" thanks to their dear old Dad! They all think it's so funny for Josh to announce that he needs to go "Dookie". I don't get it either.

Jessica said...

Oh what I have to look forward to!! How did the Christmas shopping go, all done?

Heather said...

Yes. I am officially done with shopping. I'm still holding on to the glimmer of hope that I'll find a blue KTDC but if not we have the pink one to suffice until we can trade.

Alicia said...

Don't you just love the little things kids do that they find totally hilarious, or that they are so proud of themselves for, that you're like, so what? And then they'll do something that totally amazes you and you go nuts and they're like, "what's the big deal?"